24 October 2011

Picking a Cane

So, Cal read my quiet instrument article, and wants to get a cane. While I feel a bit reluctant to pick out my own, I much prefer it to the idea of him picking one. He's more of a buy the first thing I find so I can stop shopping kind of a guy. And so I have begun my research into the best cane to purchase. I've mostly been looking at CANE-IAC as they have a really wide selection of canes of all different makes for pretty good prices. We are going to be having some house guests and taking some trips in the next few months, and while our original plan was to journal everything with a count of strokes and delay punishment until after the trip, Cal has pointed out that with my tendency to be very bad around company, and his new found strictness, I might find myself in an all day punishment situation! So I am pretty motivated to come up with a quite solution.

These are "School House Canes" and come in sets ranging from 2-5 finished or 15 "raw" which are described as "single use". Two 28' schoolhouse canes cost $10.99, and these are definetly what I was originally leaning towards, as they have that more oldschool feel. They're very bendy, but I'm guessing that they come in twos because they are also pretty breakable. There is also a video at the bottom which instructs you to clean the cane after each use, put oil on it to keep it flexible, to use a rubber band to keep the handle shape during storage, and to store flat and out of sun and heat. Seems like a lot of work to me, but as I've said before I'm kind of a sloth. Although rituals are quite kinkily attractive to me...




Another cane I'm thinking about is called the "Tearjerker". It's made of Delrin, a thermoplastic polymer, which apparently feels like rubber. It is described as basically unbreakable, and comes in at $16.99, so it is the most expensive one I'm considering. It's also definetly more remeniscent of a modern dungeon than an old schoolhouse. Similarly to the schoolhouse rattan, it is very flexible. Although, I'm starting to wonder why exactly I keep thinking of that as a good thing....I mean, I'm pretty sure it's because I like that "swish" sound in clips I've seen, but that really seems like a terrible reason to pick something out that will be swished against my backside. But maybe it will be nicer than a thick one, I mean it is "littler", right? The name "Tearjerker" isn't exactly a confidence builder.

Last up is the 16 inch lexan cane, which is made of a polycarbonate. The one I'm contemplating is the littlest guy, as I am partial to over the knee spankings, but the cane will probably be a serious offense instrument, so I don't know that otk will be appropriate. Although, it would also be easy to pack and travel with, so there is that to consider. Its price tag is $14.99.

So there you have it, I am deciding between these three....well...more likely Cal will read this and pick his favorite. Either way I will let you know which we choose and do a review once it's been used, assuming I can sit...

No comments:

Post a Comment